Chicago, Illinois famous city is very famous for its bold architecture and the buildings that almost touch the sky. Chicago has pleasant climate throughout the year. The city, located along Lake Michigan, is also known as “Windy City”. Chicago Attractions include a large number of cultural attractions. Some famous tourist attractions are listed below.
1.Art Institute of Chicago: There are hundreds of thousands of pieces of art that you can typically find here. The art collection spans over several thousands of years and has everything from painting and prints to textiles and decorative art.
2. Millennium Park: This park is found downtown Chicago. It is the venue for an outdoor concert venue. The Lurie Garden, the Cloud Gate Sculpture that you can find in the AT&T Plaza and the Crown Fountain are the major Chicago attractions of the Millennium Park.
3. Michigan Avenue and Magnificent Mile: As America’s most attractive boulevard, it has a large number of galleries, luxury shops, and boutiques. The Tribune Tower, the Wrigley Building, and the John Hancock Center are famous Chicago Attractions. The North and the South designations of Madison Street are divided by the avenue.
4. Navy Pier: When it opened, apart from being one of Chicago’s Attractions, it also used to be a shipping facility. Now it has gardens, shops, restaurants, concert venues as well as parks. The Ferris wheel found here is 150 ft in height. 3D IMAX Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, and Crystal Gardens are other famous Chicago attractions housed by Navy Pier. There are also cruise ships that provide sight-seeing tours.
5. Wrigley Field: Build in 1914, this Chicago attraction is the second oldest ballpark and is known for the high-charged atmosphere it provides for baseball enthusiasts.
6. Shakespeare Theatre: There is a permanent facility for the Shakespeare Theatre in Chicago. This Chicago attraction has a glass curtain-walled seven-story theatre which has a seating capacity of 700.
7. Museum of Science and History: Found in 1933, the Museum is devoted to applying natural laws in the development of technology and industry. Visitors can interact with hundreds of exhibits. Both permanent and changing exhibits are present apart from the OMNIMAX theatre, which makes it the most hi-tech of all Chicago’s Attractions.
8. Field Museum of National History: The museum showcases both anthropological and biological collections that have been gathered since the Columbian Exposition. The Chicago Attraction has around 20 million specimens and artifacts that cover everything from botany and zoology to geology and anthropology.
9. Willis Tower Sky-deck: This Chicago Attraction is the tallest office block in the world containing around 110-storys, since 1996. Presently, there are buildings taller than the Willis Tower, but the view from this building is still the best. You can see around 40 to 50 miles of four states from the sky-deck.
Chicago has the best places to sightsee, shop at and dine at as well architecture that is not only unique but also interesting. Chicago Attractions are in plenty and found all around the city. When you are on your trip to Chicago, while you are amazed by the brilliance of the architecture, don’t forget to be amazed by the beautiful city. Don’t get so caught up in the details that you miss the bigger picture.